Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thursday Night Picks, 3rd ed.

Thursday night, 11:13 p.m.

Obviously, I haven't been very good at updating my blog more than once a week. But here I am, on my third Thursday night after starting my blog...it's quiet, everyone is asleep, and so here I go!

As you know, I recently opened my ETSY shop online. I have been admiring ETSY from afar for a while, and decided to finally take the plunge to sell in late February of this year. My ultimate goal--to sell my jewelry. However, my store, for the time being, is dedicated to liquidating my current inventory of baby stuff (onesies, burp cloths, supplies, fabric, etc). I'm happy to report that to date I have had 27 sales!!!!!

If you take a look at my shop, it has a pretty basic set-up. No frills, no bells and whistles. When I had my baby biz (under a different name), I had business cards, postcards, a custom-designed website, personalized stickers...

I don't have any of that right now for my ETSY shop. I am waiting to clear out my current inventory before creating my business identity as a jewelry seller. But in the meantime, I would like at least something to give out to my customers with my ETSY shop name....

....Which brings me to the current edition of "Thursday Night Picks". Since I have a bunch of blank 2" round white stickers, I'd like to embellish them with my shop name ("liko18"). I found some very cool custom stamps, and guess what? The seller ("foryoo") is from Honolulu too!

So, for my Thursday Night pick, I found this listing for a custom stamp in the following design:



I am going to place an order (tonight!) to customize the stamp with my shop name and website address. In my next post (hopefully I'll have received the stamp by then) I'll post photos of the stamp image and my 2" round stickers. And keep reading, folks, as I get my shop branded and ready to present my jewelry! I want to have a few listed in time for Mother's Day shopping....

Good night, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment